To obtain printed copies of the Chesapeake Bay Commission publications listed below please complete our Order Form and fax to Jen Donnelly at 410-263-9338 or you may request copies via email to email@example.com
Legislative Reports and Studies
- Report of the Living Resources Roundtable, House Document 52, 1992, (Virginia Delegation report).
- Addressing Issues Related to State Ownership of Certain Ungranted lands on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, House Document 80, 1993 (Virginia Delegation report).
- The Condition and Future Prospects of the Shellfish industry in Virginia, House Document 535, 1993 (Virginia Delegation report).
- Addressing Issues Related to the Management of the Blue Crab, House Document 61, 1996 (Virginia Delegation report).
- Addressing Issues Related to the Management of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation, House Joint Resolution 283, 1999 (Virginia Delegation report).
Blue Crab Science, Management and Policy
The following list of publications were either the Commission's Blue Crab Technical Work Group (TWG), or the Commission's Bi-State Blue Crab Advisory Committee (BBCAC).
- Chesapeake Bay Commission Blue Crab Technical Work Group (TWG) 2003 Status Report.
- The Chesapeake Bay Commercial Blue Crab Fishery: ASocio-Econimic Profile, BBCAC Report No. 1, Prepared by Ann Rhodes, Douglas Lipton, Ph.D., Leonard Shabman, Ph.D., December 2001
- The Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Harvest Trends and Dockside Value, BBCAC Report No. 2, Prepared by MD Dept. of Natural Resouces, VA Marine Resources Commission and Virginia Institute of Marine Science, December 2001
- Review of the Soft and Peeler Fishery for Blue Crab in the Chesapeake Bay, BBCAC Report No. 3, January 2002
- Bridging the Gap: Waterman and Scientists on Crabs, from Maryland Sea Grant's Marine Notes, October 2001
- Taking Action for the Blue Crab: Managing and Protecting the Stock and It's Fisheries: A Report by the BBCAC, February, 2001
- Management Actions for the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab: An Action Plan
- The Bottom Line on Blue Crabs, from Maryland Sea Grant Notes
- Managing the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab: Thresholds and Targets
- Status of the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and its Fishery: A Consensys Statement of the BBCAC
- A Comparison of Crab Regulations: Maryland, potomac River, Virginia, September, 2000
- Blue Crabs in the Chesapeake, Issue Brief Number 1, January, 2000
- Managing the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab: A Meeting of Stakeholders Workshop Report, June, 2000
Chesapeake Bay Commission Issues and Actions papers
- Non-Tidal Wetlands Protection Programs for the Chesapeake Bay Region: A Review and Comparison, September 1988.
- The Development of Effective State Non-Tidal Wetlands Protection Programs Position Statement, November 1988.
- Oil Spill Liability Statutes and Clean-Up Programs for the Chesapeake Bay and Its Tributaries: A Review and Comparison, September 1989.
- Oil Spill Prevention Recommendations for the Chesapeake Bay Region, January 1990.
- Striped Bass Management in the Chesapeake Bay: An Intricate Approach, May 1991.
- The Incorporation of Environmental Education Curricula into the State School Systems in the Chesapeake Bay Region: Status and Needs, September 1991.
- An Analysis of Riparian Forest Buffer Policies in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, January 1995.
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Restoration and Conflicts with Seafood Harvesting Techniques, May 1998.
- Phosphorus: New Challenges for the Next Century, December 1998.
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in Virginia, May 1999.
- Phragmites Australis in the Chesapeake Bay Region - Key Issues, June, 2000.
Other Reports and Studies
- Keeping Our Commitment: Preserving Land in the Chesapeake Watershed February, 2001
- Taking Action for the Blue Crab: Managing and Protecting the Stock and its Fisheries: A report by the Bi-State Blue Crab Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Commission. January, 2001
- Abandoned and Derelict Vessels: An Assessment of Alternative State Programs, July 1999
- The Introduction of Nonindigenous Species to the Chesapeake Bay via Ballast Water, January 1995.
- Special Report: Setting the Course: The Story of Chesapeake 2000, June 2000